Thursday, September 8, 2011

Variety Is the Spice of Life

Over the past few days, I have not been posting. I have been busy writing for work and working another job that does not involve writing. Actually, I think the new job is going to be beneficial to my writing because I'll have more sources of inspiration, instead of always pouring the writing out of me.

 That is not to say that practicing isn't important, but I think it's important to try to balance your resources and vary your schedule, hobbies, etc. There are so many things to do in this world. I reccomend trying to do as many things that give you pleasure as possible, and this will be reflected in your writing. Of course, work isn't always a source of pleasure, but it is an example of exposing yourself to different influences, which can be a source of pleasure.

Enjoy variety in life, even if it's just getting a different kind of coffee at Starbuck's. Try it yourself and see how it's reflected in your writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment