Thursday, November 17, 2011

Learning to Visualize Dreams for a Healthier Life

"Those who lose dreaming are lost." This is an aboriginal proverb I found on one of my favorite blogs, writingoutloud. It got me thinking. I followed my dreams, and where has it gotten me? I have taken several wrong turns on the career path, but, at least, now have a steady job. I am married to a wonderful man, who is not perfect but is smart, funny, and sensitive. I can tell him everything. " Even though we ain't got money. . ."

So now that the basics are taken care of, it is time to dream new and bigger dreams. I dream of traveling the world before I'm an old woman. I dream of increasing my joy and learning to accept discomfort and pain as inevitable and necessary parts of life. Mostly, I dream of being healthier so I can lessen the effects of a chronic illness and live into a healthy old age.

So I've been taking steps. Contrary to the advice I gave you on this blog a few weeks ago, I have not been making one change at a time. I am too excited to wait. Instead I am making easiest changes first, in the hopes that it will increase my confidence for the harder changes.

One of the more difficult dreams to realize is the desire to be smoke-free. I made a big deal about quitting on here last week, and sadly, I am no more quit than I was two weeks ago. I can't afford hypnotherapy, so I was thinking about getting a book on visualization. Does anyone know a good one? I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous dreams! A life well-lived---so much to go! Other than you, my favorite inspiration was often quoted by Bobby Kennedy: "Some men see things as they are and ask why? I dream things which never were and say why not!" Winston Churchhill said, "Never,never give-up!" Dream on beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete