Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Writing through the laziness

Today I've run into a major writing problem - lack of motivation. Usually, when I need to recharge, I take a walk by Boulder Creek. Exercise lifts my mood and is good for my health. On top of that, walking is a great time to edit what I've written and sort out what I am going to write next. I definitely recommend some form of exercise if you are going to write. It keeps me sane. Besides, it gives me an excuse to get out from behind the computer.
I'm going to try walking to, hopefully, get in the frame of mind where I can write. If I had it my way, I would spend the day in bed. A day off would be delicious. Maybe I'll go back to bed for an hour and then give the writing thing another try. Without a boss or deadlines, I could conceivably spend every day in bed. I need the money, though, so I guess I will write through the laziness.

No comments:

Post a Comment