Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This Is Not Part 2

For those of you eagerly awaiting part 2 of my series, I am sorry to disappoint. I will not be continuing in that vein because I changed my mind, and this is my blog, so I can do what I want.:) Instead, I am thinking about making rennovations - rennovation to  my blog, rennovations to my life.

You see, this advice on writing just isn't working out for me. I truly believe that the best way to become a better writer is to practice and beyond that I really don't know more than the next person. This does not mean I am giving up the blogging game entirely, though.

 I was thinking about taking this blog in a more personal direction. Would you, dear reader, be interested in hearing more about my life as a writer, worker, wife, daughter, and friend? It seems that we have more commonalities than differences, so I would like to spend some time exploring that with you. What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Go for it! Dish it! I mean, I'm kind of biased because I miss you and want to know what's going on on your day-to-day life, but writing about what's going on personally is so very cathartic. My blog isn't an institution or anything, but one thing I do like about it is that sometimes I'm super personal and other times I'm writing about Arrested Development. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before changing directions, I invite you to consider your long-term objectives of this blog. What are your aims for a blog that is more professionally-oriented vs. one that is more of a personal narrative? Who do you want to reach with your writing?
    I would be more interested to continue reading your blogs on your adventures, experiences and tips related to writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh - and I was eagerly awaiting Part 2. I truly enjoyed your reflections on space in Part 1. Space is an essential dimension of reality and I enjoy how you so fluidly can describe the essence of the writing topic of your choice, and succinctly tie it in with observations and encouragement to others.

    ReplyDelete