Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Make One Little Change at a Time

Personal goals are something everyone wants to attain. I, certainly, am no exception. I have talked about changes I want to make in my life with regard to writing and personal habits from time to time in this blog. Today, I want to share a tip I read in another blog that I thought was really helpful.

When you try to change something (for example, trying the Nikan writing practice mentioned last week), begin with small managable steps. And, here's the key, try to change only one thing at a time. We probably all have a million things we want to work on (at least I do), but we waste our resources if we try to take on too many things at once. As a result, we don't accomplish several things, instead of accomplishing one thing.

Stick with the change for 6 weeks before you move on to something new. I think this is a great strategy. To read more about it, visit http://zenhabits.net/1/.

No comments:

Post a Comment