Friday, July 22, 2011

In dreams

I am a big believer that a great way to tap into unconscious desires and thoughts is by paying attention to dreams. Last night, I wrote a song in my dream. Does that mean I want to be a song writer? Maybe, maybe not, but it brings up an idea that I want to share. I thought the song was good in my dream (who knows what it would sound like in the waking hours). Problem was that I only remembered the song for a couple of minutes after I woke up. That's why I'm going to start keeping a notebook and pen beside the bed. Dreams often bring ideas for stories and solutions to problems that are illusive in the waking hours because we bypass the rational mind. A notebook would be a great place to jot these ideas down in the first waking moments so they aren't forgotten. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment