Tuesday, July 12, 2011

one more thing about the artist's way

I know I'm beating it to death, but I have one more writing tip from The Artist's Way. The book itself is rather cumbersome to read, but it is full of great ideas. I especially liked Cameron's technique called morning pages. I don't practice this everyday but whenever I do, I can tell the difference. The idea is to write 3 pages every morning (or afternoon or evening). It doesn't matter what you write. It can be writing like a journal or an actual story or 3 pages of "I don't know what to write." I usually write 3 pages of "woo-is-me, I'll never write anything good again." According to Cameron, this is common. Writing 3 pages a day is great practice and a great warm-up for whatever you are going to write that day. It's just another way to get your creativity rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment