Friday, August 12, 2011

Determination

I've been very busy lately, under a deadline for Monday. All the while, I am looking for a full-time job and trying to get as many applications out there as possible. I saw a career counselor a few days ago, and she said to expect 1 interview for every 10 resumes you put out there. If you are not getting such a response, you need to revise your resume.
It would be easy to feel stressed about the lack of a full-time job, the work that is flooding in, our lack of money, but, as my friend says, "I feel pretty Zen about the situation." Me too, Alissa! The important thing is to stay focused on small steps - one blog at a time, one small job at a time, slowly building my resume. I'm reminder of the old adage, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!"
This is determination, and it is very important in the life of a writer. For one thing, getting out large assignments can be a daunting task. Also, getting out there and looking for assignments can be a daunting task. It's good advise for writing and life - just eat one bite at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment