Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Resilience

My apologies for not writing sooner, but we moved on Sunday and the radiator in my car broke on Monday. Needless to say, it's been a busy week.
So, I had planned to write a blog on shaking the dust off your feet when it comes to getting writing criticism and writing jobs. I had gone a long time without a writing job and was starting to feel like I needed some help staying committed to the cause. However, the day after I had those thoughts, I got a part-time job offer writing content for a company that creates websites. Then, I got an interview for a full-time technical writing job. I just can't believe the abundance. I gues the moral of this long-winded story is to "never stop believing - the best is yet to come." This is a quote from a family friend and psychotherapist out of Germantown, Tennessee named Don Doyle. He has actually written a book on the topic that helped me through some of my darker writing days. Therefore, keep writing; you never know what's around the corner!

1 comment:

  1. I've read that great writers often hit a "writer's block." A coach once said, "the beginning of a race is not important; what matters is how you finish the race." It seems every endeavor requires resilience to finish.
    Faithful reader.

    ReplyDelete