Wednesday, August 10, 2011

job searching

I am still looking for a full-time writing job and thought I could use today's post to discuss techniques. I've found Craigslist to be very helpful for writing jobs. (In Fort Collins, there are usually 3-4 jobs a week, which is decent for writing jobs). This is where I found my part-time job writing blogs and other content. I also consulted with a career counselor.Although she was too expensive to use for my purposes, I think a career counselor who really knows her job could be a great tool in the unemployed writer's workshop. Also, I think it's important, when writing for work and looking for writing work, to give yourself the time and space to create pieces just for fun. This is more than something you do to make a living. It's a craft that gets better with practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment